CITY SENIORS PROGRAM
Riverdale City Senior Center is located at 4433 South 900 West.
The Senior Center phone number is 801-621-6086.
The Center is open daily 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.,
Monday through Friday.
The center is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and
COME JOIN US AT THE SENIOR CENTER
The Riverdale Senior Center is a place that seniors can gather, share old friendships as well as make new ones. The center offers a variety of activities and classes. We are here to strengthen and help seniors have a good life and hopefully touch each senior's life for good.
To view and print the activities calendar click here.
To view and print the lunch menu click here.
AARP DRIVERS SAFETY CLASS
Drivers 55 and older can qualify for a discount on their car insurance by participating in the upcoming AARP Driver Safety Class. It will be held at the Senior Center on Thursday, July 27th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. with a break for lunch. The cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members. Those who wish to attend must pre-register with the Senior Center at 801-621-6086, or call Marie at 801-389-7179.
COMPUTER HELP LAB
A computer lab is held on Fridays at the Senior Center from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Seniors are welcome to drop by during the open period and get help with their computer problems.
SENIOR CENTER CLOSED FOR PIONEER DAY
The Riverdale Senior Center will be closed for the Pioneer Day holiday on Monday, July 24th.
Join us to watch the movie and eat popcorn for free at the Senior Center on July 18th at 10:00 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.
DAILY CLASSES OFFERED AT THE CENTER
To print view and print a copy of the activity calendar click here.
- July 5th - Blood pressure and glucose checks at 11:30 a.m. by CNS.
- July 13th - Foot Clinic at 9:30 a.m. The cost is $10.
- July 12th - Blood pressure and glucose checks at 11:00 a.m. by CNS.
- July 13th - Foot Clinic at 9:30 a.m. The cost is $10.
- July 13th - Lunchtime entertainment by Tom George.
- July 19th - Lunchtime entertainment by Miles Coe.
- July 20th - Brain Smart Activity with Access Home Health at 11:30 a.m.
- July 21st - Ensure pickup.
- July 24th - Closed for the Pioneer Day holiday.
- July 28th - Humana presents “Superfoods” at 11:00 a.m.
- August 2nd - Blood pressure and glucose checks at 11:00 a.m. by CNS.
- August 10th - Foot Clinic at 9:30 a.m. The cost is $10.
Lunch is served at noon weekdays for seniors age 55 and older for only $3.00. To view the lunch menu click here.
SENIOR CENTER NEWS BRIEFS
- Line Dancing: Join us for line dancing every Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. Come join the fun!
- Wood Carving Class is held every Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. Come join them!
- Chuck-A-Rama Senior Club Discount Cards available at the Senior Center for only $1.00 per card.
- Donations are needed of yarn for our humanitarian projects and fundraiser's.
- A Call for players for Mahjong on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. and Bridge on Tuesdays/Thursdays at 12:30 p.m.
- On Your Own Scrapbooking is the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. Come join us!
- Open Exercise Room at the Center. Equipment includes: treadmills, bikes, hand and leg weights, NuStep cross trainer
The Senior Center is in need of yarn donations for humanitarian projects.
LUNCH PRICE ADJUSTMENT
Due to increasing food, equipment, and preparation cost, the lunch price has been adjusted to $3.00 a meal. This is the first increase in the lunch price since the Riverdale Senior Center opened over 11 years ago. The delicious meals are cooked on site by our cooks. Lunch is served each weekday at noon.
SENIOR CENTER LIBRARY
The Riverdale Senior Center has a wonderful library for seniors to use. The library has a variety of books along with a collection of VHS and DVD movies. Seniors are welcome to come and check out any library item. Come check it out!
Donations Sought: We are in need of DVD's. If you have any DVD's you no longer want, please consider donating them and help us replenish our library.
SENIOR CENTER VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers are always welcome to help out at the Senior Center. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities such as class instructors, front desk help, support help, and humanitarian work. If you would like to volunteer please contact the Senior Center at 801-621-6086.
CHANGE MADE FOR TAKE OUT MEALS
A change has been implemented for take out lunches at the Senior Center. Take out lunches are still offered at the Center but they will be served after all patrons who are eating in the dining room have been served. Lunch is served at the Senior Center each weekday at noon. The meals are prepared onsite by our own cooks and are offered for only $2.50 a meal. Stop by and enjoy a great lunch!
FOOT CLINIC SCHEDULE
The Foot Clinic day is the second Thursday of every month at 9:30 a.m. The location has also been moved to the ceramics room. The cost for the clinic is $10.00.
SENIOR CENTER SCRAPBOOKING
An "on your own" scrapbooking group has been organized. It will meet on the second and fourth Tuesday's of the month at 9:30 a.m. Come and join our group of scrapbookers.
Veterans will be on call for those that need to order a Veterans tile. To visit the Veterans web page click here.
FOSTER GRANDPARENT PROGRAM
If you're 55 or older you can serve as a Foster Grandparent in an area school. The program has flexible hours and volunteers receive a small stipend. If you are interested in learning more, please call 801-625-3782.
HUMANITARIAN PROJECTS AT THE SENIOR CENTER
Riverdale Senior Center is known for all the Humanitarian Projects that are donated throughout the community. Many donations have been made to the Shriners Hospital including admission bags, meal tray covers, and lap quilts. Donations of lap quilts and chemo caps have also been made to McKay Dee and Ogden Regional Hospitals.
Our Humanitarian Workdays are on Mondays at 9:00 a.m. We need help cutting and sewing admission bags, meal tray covers, and lap quilts. Anyone interested in crocheting granny squares, afghans, and chemo hats can pick up yarn and patterns at the senior center. Donations of yarn and granny squares are also being accepted. Please call Lois or Jan at 801-621-6086.
Come play the Nintendo Wii at the Center. You can play tennis, golf, bowling, baseball, and boxing. We also have the Wii Fit!
Seeing all the materials around her, Linda Phaff decided to make an "Everyday quilt". The everyday quilt is made out of material scraps from many different patterns. It is a beautiful "Magic Quilt!"
The center will be making changes as we grow. Come and join us