RIVERDALE CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT
FIREWORKS RESTRICTIONS ARE CURRENTLY IN PLACE FOR AREAS OF RIVERDALE CITY. TO LEARN MORE CLICK HERE.
Aerial Firework Safety
Just a few reminders for a safe July celebration while using aerial fireworks.
- You can legally shot fireworks during designated dates and times. To view the dates for 2018 click here.
- The only legal aerial fireworks are those purchased within the State of Utah. These are easy identified as a "Cake", due to being a box that the fireworks will launch from. Single mortars or bottle rockets are not allowed.
- Aerials shall be placed on a hard level surface outdoors, in a clear and open area prior to ignition. These have shot heights of about 150 feet.
- Anyone under 16 shall not handle or operate aerial fireworks.
- Ignition of aerial fireworks shall be a minimum of 30 feet from any structure or vertical obstruction.
- Aerial fireworks shall not be ignited within 150 feet of the point of sale.
- Please read and obey all safe handling instructions before using aerial fireworks.
Illegal fireworks include:
- Cherry Bombs
- Roman candles
- Single or reloadable mortars
- Riverdale City Fire and Police can cite individuals who are lighting illegal fireworks. This citation will be a minimum of $680.00 for unlawful discharging of illegal fireworks. All illegal fireworks will be confiscated.
mission of the Riverdale Fire Service is to protect life, property
and the environment through the delivery of innovative, efficient
and quality Emergency Management Services in our community.